Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Haircare: Expensive Does Not Equal Better

Several weeks ago I went to Ulta to buy shampoo and conditioner. I know that you should look for sulfate-free products, especially if you have color treated hair. Sulfates are harsh and strip the color from your hair. Also, as people are becoming more aware of what products they are using, it is nice to see vegan products with natural botanicals and no added fragrance.

I headed to the "salon" haircare section, which includes brands like Oscar Blandi, Joico, Redken, Ken Paves, Biolage and more. After carefully reading ingredients, comparing products and pick up and then putting back several shampoos and conditioners I settled on a pair. As I was walking to the front of the store to check out I saw the "regular" haircare section. I am always looking for quality for less, so I stopped when I saw L'Oreal's EverPure line.

The metallic packaging caught my eye, but when I saw sulfate-free and 100% vegan, I put down my expensive selection to read more. I compared the two brands and even shopped the inexpensive section a little more. In the end, I decided on L'Oreal EverPure Smooth shampoo and conditioner. At $5.99 each, I couldn't resist!

The shampoo contains juniper and rosemary and the conditioner uses rosemary and mint for a great natural scent. The pair is sulfate and salt-free, 100% vegan and the conditioner has UVA and UVB filters.

L'Oreal EverPure Smooth Shampoo


If you don't need the frizz fighting power of the smooth shampoo and conditioner, try the EverPure Volume shampoo and conditioner. If you need more moisture, pick up the EverPure Moisture shampoo and conditioner. The EverPure line also includes hair masks, UV filter spray and leave in treatments.

L'Oreal also has the EverStrong line with similar attributes as the EverPure line. The EverStrong line features shampoo and conditioner for bodifying, reconstructing, hydrating results. Like the EverPure line, the EverStrong line is sulfate and salt-free as well as 100% vegan with natural botanicals, but it also includes L'Oreal's bio-ceramide complex to strengthen hair. Since the EverStrong line is not formulated especially for colored treated hair, the conditioner does not include the UVA/UVB filters.

So, save those hard earned dollars and try L'Oreal! If you order online from Ulta, use code 46537 to save 20% on one item. Shipping is free on orders of $50+ and you get three free samples with each order (I loved the Borba sample from a few months ago!). Also, be sure to check out the sales and special offer pages to get the most bang for you buck.

For wardrobe & image consulting visit TheStylista Website
Photo from Ulta

No comments:

Post a Comment