Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lock It Up With a Locket

I remember getting a locket as a gift when I was in elementary school. I put a picture of myself in it; I suppose I was a narcissistic child. No matter, I thought the locket was an amazingly fun gift and how cool it is to have a piece of jewelry with something hidden inside.

Marc by Marc Jacobs House of Cards Locket, $78 from Shop Bop

Marc by Marc Jacobs House of Cards Locket, $78 from Shop Bop

Lockets aren't just for kids or lovers though. These necklaces are on trend for the fall and will add some whimsy to your looks.

Open Heart Locket, $13.99 from Mod Cloth

Open Heart Locket, $13.99 from Mod Cloth

There are fun lockets that are reminiscent of childhood jewelry. But, there are also lockets that are sophisticated and quite fancy. You can also find classic cameo lockets.

Ila and I Lilly Locket Necklace, $1,125 from Max & Cleo

Ila and I Lilly Locket Necklace, $1,125 from Max & Cleo

Lockets are a fun gift for a friend's birthday; just put a picture of the two of you in there for her. A locket would also be sweet gift for a bride with her new husband's photo inside. If you are a bride, a locket would be a wonderful bridal party gift for your bridesmaids.


Privledged Antique Style Locket, $88 from Max & Cleo

Privledged Antique Style Locket, $88 from Max & Cleo

Locket necklaces are a style of a long pendant necklace. That makes this necklace super versatile and can be worn with anything, whether it is a casual tank top or little black dress. This fall, try wearing an oversized sweater, skinny jeans, a locket and other whimsical jewelry.


Ladybird Watch Locket, $22 from Fred Flare

Ladybird Watch Locket, $22 from Fred Flare

Still need inspiration? See some of my favorite pieces and my lookbook.

Follow me on Twitter, follow the Stylista File Blog and join me on Facebook®

For wardrobe & image consulting visit The Stylista Website.

Photos from Shop Bop, Shop Style

No comments:

Post a Comment